writing a blog entry 3 (The crossbow)

 hello today I'm going to explain: what is a crossbow, a little of his history and the different types.

What is a crossbow: The crossbow is a propelling weapon that is used to shoot arrows or bodoques, consisting of a bow mounted horizontally on a support provided with a mechanism that tightens the rope and another that shoots. Although it is a very old martial instrument, they are still used today, (as for target shooting and hunting).

His history: The crossbow is a weapon that began to be used in the West in a massive way in the 10th century, being the evolution and improvement of the bow and arrow. 

It was possible to flex the metal arch with different ways: the first consisted of putting the bow on the ground and tightening the wire with both hands or the foot, until it was locked on a hook. Later various mechanisms (hulks) were mounted on the central rail. The most successful and used was the tensioning by means of a crank tourniquet.

Its power became considerable in the later and advanced version, with metal blades (the metal projectile pierced a chainmail at 150 meters). 











The disadvantage was: that the crossbowman took a minute to load the crossbow.

* Today there are many types of crossbows which have their own pros and cons. I advise you to go to a            weapons store and choose the crossbow that best suits you.

I hope you liked these three entries that I have made about bows and crossbows. I also encourage you to share our blog and comment in case you have any questions.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Kit Arduino

Función de los pelos de la planta de tomate Cherry

Receta de cocina (crespells)